** Changed in: indicator-sound (Ubuntu)

     Assignee: (unassigned) => Matthew Paul Thomas (mpt)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to indicator-sound in Ubuntu.

  The 'player section' of the sound menu is inconsistent

Status in Ayatana Design:
  New
Status in Sound Menu:
  Triaged
Status in “indicator-sound” package in Ubuntu:

  The 'player section' of the sound menu
  (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SoundMenu#Music_player_section) is
  inconsistent and does not work the same with all the applications. We
  do have:

  * Rhythmbox & similar: is shown everytime, even when the application is not
running;
  * Totem & similar: is never shown;
  * YouTube (via unity-webapps-youtube) & similar: is shown only when a YouTube
video page is open in the browser.

  Either the items should be always shown or they should be shown only when the
corresponding applications are running.
  Personally, I think that option 2 is the best (showing the item just when the
application is running) because pressing 'Play' when an application is not
running does not make sense with Totem and YouTube.