[Expired for systemd (Ubuntu) because there has been no activity for 60
days.]

** Changed in: systemd (Ubuntu)

  emergency shell ignores all keyboard input

Status in systemd package in Ubuntu:
  Expired

Bug description:
  An SSD that held my /boot/efi partition failed, took down local-fs.target,
which brought up emergency.target.  I ended up with no ssh access, and a
message on the local console telling me
  to press Enter to get a root shell, or press Ctrl-D to continue booting
normally.  The system did not react to either Enter or Ctrl-D.  I could switch
between virtual consoles (but nothing was running on them, e.g. no getty),
toggle Caps Lock, or reboot with Ctrl+Alt+Del.

  An emergency console that doesn't accept keyboard input is not a
  useful emergency console.

  Package: systemd 237-3ubuntu10.47
  ApportVersion: 2.20.9-0ubuntu7.24
  Architecture: amd64