I worked on the merge from the current Debian version. Attached is the
debdiff from the current Debian version, I'll post the debdiff from the
current Ubuntu version shortly.

I've uploaded the package to my PPA, see
https://launchpad.net/~schopin/+archive/ubuntu/test-
ppa/+sourcepub/12642612/+listing-archive-extra

** Changed in: pam (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: pam (Ubuntu)
     Assignee: (unassigned) => Simon Chopin (schopin)

** Patch added: "pam_from_debian.debdiff"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/pam/+bug/1916509/+attachment/5517277/+files/pam_from_debian.debdiff

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to pam in Ubuntu.

  Update PAM and PAM modules

Status in pam package in Ubuntu:
  In Progress

Bug description:
  I want to implement pam_faillock which replaces pam_tally2 but requires pam
version >= 1.4.0
  The ability to 'reliably' lock accounts after a certain number of failed
attempts is a requirement of the NIST 800-171 controls implemented by many U.S.
government agencies and contractors.