This is now fixed both upstream in libexiv2 0.27.5 with
https://github.com/Exiv2/exiv2/pull/1918/commits/8a1e949bff482f74599f60b8ab518442036b1834
and in Gwenview for version 21.12.1 with
https://invent.kde.org/graphics/gwenview/-/commit/91fcbe9c63c17bc20dbb3dd90e0451997f1c78a6
by Lukáš Karas.

The fix in Gwenview has not been merged into master and will not be
present for example in future Gwenview 22.04 because we expect packagers
to have shipped the fixed libexiv2 versions by the time Gwenview 22.04
is released.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to exiv2 in Ubuntu.

  Regression: exiv2 0.27.3-3ubuntu1.5 makes Gwenview crash when opening
  images exported by darktable

Status in Gwenview:
  Fix Released
Status in exiv2 package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in gwenview package in Ubuntu:

  Since the recent security update of exiv2, Gwenview crashes when
  trying to open image files that got exported by darktable.

  Steps to reproduce:

  * Make a test installation of Kubuntu 21.04 in VirtualBox
  * Install all updates
  * Install darktable
  * Copy one of the images in /usr/share/wallpapers (or any other image) to
your home directory and open it with darktable
  * Within darktable, export a copy of the image (no need to do any actual
modifications)
  * Try to open that copy with Gwenview. Gwenview will crash.

  I'm attaching a crash report hinting that this is related to exiv2.

  Temporary workaround:
  If I downgrade libexiv2-27 to 0.27.3-3ubuntu1.4, Gwenview doesn't crash, so
it seems the crash is related to changes in 0.27.3-3ubuntu1.5.

  I don't know if the underlying cause is actually some bug in exiv2,
  Gwenview or darktable.

  Kind regards, Jan

  Package: libexiv2-27 0.27.3-3ubuntu1.5
  ApportVersion: 2.20.11-0ubuntu65.1