There are frequently modifications made to Ubuntu packages which
upstream developers are not aware of or the Ubuntu version of a package
can be one or more versions behind the latest upstream version. For
these reasons the crash reports first come to Ubuntu and ideally are
then forwarded to the upstream developers. I say ideally as we don't
have the manpower to test and forward every bug report to the upstream
developers.

** Changed in: apport (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to apport in Ubuntu.

  crash reports don't go to proper dev team

Status in apport package in Ubuntu:
  Won't Fix

Bug description:
  i'm on 21.10.  i was reporting a crash to a gnome dev team and they informed
me that the crash report dialog that submits coredumps, etc. never makes it to
the actual responsible party.
  https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnome-remote-desktop/-/issues/80#note_1346891

  you need a process that forwards these to the proper team