@mhodson: why did you remove six from this ticket?  The affect I
described is very much present for python3-six.  readding six task

@racb: thank you for having a thorough look.  you are spot on in #10,
the problem is present only focal2jammy, not impish2jammy.

Thus, one possibility to deal with this situation is instead of
completely dropping the breaks is to erlax them to exclude the python
version from focal.  Let me know if this is preferrable and I'll happily
provide a debdiff.

** Also affects: six (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to six in Ubuntu.

  python3-yaml and python3-six are not co-installable with python-is-
  python2 in jammy

Status in pyyaml package in Ubuntu:
  Incomplete
Status in six package in Ubuntu:

  The packages python3-yaml and python-is-python2 are not co-installable
  in jammy and I believe they should be.  This currently prevents me
  from upgrading one of my machines from focal to jammy.

  Further analysis with the help of Stefano Rivera revealed that what-
  is-python no longer produces a python-is-python2 package and the
  changelog hints at that being intentional.  Jammy still has a python2
  package, though.

  python3-yaml in jammy breaks on python (<2.7.18).  The python-is-
  python2 package in focal is version 2.7.17-4 and in impish it is
  2.7.18-9 and thus will be forcefully removed when going to jammy.