  Version table:
 *** 1.1.1f-1ubuntu2.10 500
        500 http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu focal-updates/main amd64 Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
     1.1.1f-1ubuntu2.8 500
        500 http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu focal-security/main amd64 Packages
     1.1.1f-1ubuntu2 500
        500 http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu focal/main amd64 Packages

I have a private EC key held in a TPM 2.0 platform hierarchy.  I'm encrypting a
message like this:

openssl cms -encrypt -in message.txt -out message.cipher transport.pem

Here, transport.pem is the cert. for the EC key held in the TPM.  I'm
attempting to decrypt like this:

openssl cms -decrypt -in message.cipher -out /dev/stdout -inkey
0x81800001 -keyform engine -engine tpm2tss -recip transport.pem

Instead of seeing the original message text, I'm getting the following error:
engine "tpm2tss" set.
Error decrypting CMS using private key
139626757388096:error:1010107D:elliptic curve
routines:ecdh_simple_compute_key:missing private
key:../crypto/ec/ecdh_ossl.c:61:

It seems that the code is expecting the actual private key instead of
using the key held in the TPM?

** Affects: openssl (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to openssl in Ubuntu.

  openssl cms -decrypt doesn't work properly when using an engine

Status in openssl package in Ubuntu:

  I'm using:

  bsci@ip-10-132-42-225:~/test$ lsb_release -rd
  Release:        20.04