I experienced a similar issue today. I ran `snap install app` in my
terminal. It popped up a PolicyKit login window and my terminal started
filling with empty input lines.

Around the same time, I had this in my journal log repeatedly:

gnome-shell: Object 0x5614373df110 of type IBusText has been finalized
while it was still owned by gjs, this is due to invalid memory
management.

Therefore, I'm reassigning to gnome-shell and ibus. I don't think this
issue is specific to gnome-terminal. You might eventually see it with a
different terminal.

I am using the default Ubuntu session on Wayland.

** Package changed: gnome-terminal (Ubuntu) => gnome-shell (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: gnome-shell (Ubuntu)

** Also affects: ibus (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: ibus (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to ibus in Ubuntu.

  [jammy Regression] signing a changes file in gnome-terminal sends
  <Return> keys to the terminal

Status in ibus package in Ubuntu:

  This is a regression not seen until this week (not seen until March 4
  at least).  Calling debsign from a terminal pops up the window to
  enter the key, but the terminal is sent continuous <Return> keys and
  the terminal scrolls down with empty input lines. You can still sign
  the file, however you end up with an empty scroll buffer if the
  signing takes too long time.