@seb128 My University closed my ticket after I confirmed the workaround
works to get connected :-/ I'm not 100% sure they understood the real
source of the issue. I replied, but don't have a big expectation that
they will do anything. Hopefully someone at another institution that
also uses eduroam is successful at getting the needed changes made and
that they propagate to other institutions.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to wpa in Ubuntu.

  "Connection failed" for WPA Enterprise network (e.g. eduroam)

Status in wpa package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in wpa source package in Jammy:

  With the current jammy version of wpasupplicant (2:2.10-1), I cannot
  connect to the WPA Enterprise network eduroam, which is used by
  Universities worldwide. I get a "Connection failed" message or a
  request to re-enter the password.

  - I've re-tried the credentials: no fix ;-)

  - Tried a 21.10 live session on the same machine: works fine!

  - Manually downgraded wpasupplicant to the impish version
  (2:2.9.0-21build1): connected normally.

  - Upgraded wpasupplicant to the latest version: fails to connect
  again.

  Package: wpasupplicant 2:2.10-1
  NonfreeKernelModules: wl
  ApportVersion: 2.20.11-0ubuntu75
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  Date: Tue Jan 18 09:56:23 2022
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 22.04 LTS "Jammy Jellyfish" - Alpha amd64 (20211130)
  ProcEnviron:
   TERM=xterm-256color
   PATH=(custom, no user)
   XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=<set>