I'm marking this bug as Triaged and subscribing ubuntu-server to it just
to follow our triaging procedure.

** Changed in: krb5 (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to krb5 in Ubuntu.

  compiler flags leaking through krb5-config --libs

Status in krb5 package in Ubuntu:

  krb5-config --libs is leaking some compiler specific flags that we
  define in Ubuntu:

  $ krb5-config --libs
  -L/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/mit-krb5 -Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions -flto=auto
-ffat-lto-objects -flto=auto -Wl,-z,relro -lkrb5 -lk5crypto -lcom_err

  That ones that concern me more specifically are:
  - -Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions
  - -lto related ones

  I'm unsure if -Wl,-z,relro should be there either.

  It looks like LDFLAGS got mixed with LIBS. pkg-config's output is
  different and only contains the libraries and library path:

  $ pkg-config --libs krb5
  -L/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/mit-krb5 -lkrb5 -lk5crypto -lcom_err