All autopkgtests for the newly accepted openssl (3.0.2-0ubuntu1.2) for jammy
have finished running.
The following regressions have been reported in tests triggered by the package:

mysql-8.0/8.0.29-0ubuntu0.22.04.2 (i386)
resource-agents/1:4.7.0-1ubuntu7 (armhf)
seqkit/2.1.0+ds-1 (arm64)
ngircd/26.1-1 (s390x)
linux-lowlatency/5.15.0-30.31 (arm64)
python-bonsai/1.3.0+ds-3build1 (armhf)

Please visit the excuses page listed below and investigate the failures,
proceeding afterwards as per the StableReleaseUpdates policy regarding
autopkgtest regressions [1].

https://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-archive/proposed-
migration/jammy/update_excuses.html#openssl

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/StableReleaseUpdates#Autopkgtest_Regressions

Thank you!

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to openssl in Ubuntu.

  openssl has catastrophic issues when locale set to TR_UTF8

Status in openssl package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Committed
Status in openssl source package in Jammy:
  Fix Committed
Status in openssl source package in Kinetic:
  Fix Committed

Bug description:
  [Impact]

  Due to the case comparison differences in the Turkish locale, some routines in
  OpenSSL fail to recognize some algorithm names as valid, unexpectedly breaking
  crypto.

  [Test Plan]

  This bug is really easy to trigger:

  sudo locale-gen tr_TR.UTF-8
  LANG=C curl https://ubuntu.com/ > /dev/null # This work
  LANG=tr_TF.UTF-8 curl https://ubuntu.com/ > /dev/null # This fails

  The error is curl: (35) error:03000072:digital envelope
  routines::decode error

  [Where problems could occur]

  This patch set is relatively massive, and can cause regressions, as
illustrated
  by the patch #5 which fixes one such regression. Those regressions would
likely
  show up as either libssl crashes, in case of uninitialized objects, or as
  algorithm selection failures if somehow the case comparison is buggy.

  [Other Info]

  The fix has already been released upstream as part of their 3.0.3 release.

  [Original report]
  I noticed this when I checked "ua status". It alerted me that I should check
my openssl configuration.

  "ua status
  Failed to access URL:
https://contracts.canonical.com/v1/resources?architecture=amd64&kernel=5.15.0-25-generic&series=jammy
  Cannot verify certificate of server
  Please check your openssl configuration."

  I also figured wget&curl doesn't work with https:// URLs at all.

  On web I found:
  https://github.com/openssl/openssl/issues/18039

  So I changed locale to C_UTF-8

  #locale
  LANG=tr_TR.UTF-8
  LANGUAGE=
  LC_CTYPE="tr_TR.UTF-8"
  LC_NUMERIC=tr_TR.UTF-8
  LC_TIME=tr_TR.UTF-8
  LC_COLLATE="tr_TR.UTF-8"
  LC_MONETARY=tr_TR.UTF-8
  LC_MESSAGES="tr_TR.UTF-8"
  LC_PAPER=tr_TR.UTF-8
  LC_NAME=tr_TR.UTF-8
  LC_ADDRESS=tr_TR.UTF-8
  LC_TELEPHONE=tr_TR.UTF-8
  LC_MEASUREMENT=tr_TR.UTF-8
  LC_IDENTIFICATION=tr_TR.UTF-8
  LC_ALL=
  casaba@ship-macbook:/backups$ sudo locale-gen c
  ca_AD ca_ES.UTF-8 ca_IT ckb_IQ cs_CZ cy_GB.UTF-8
  ca_AD.UTF-8 ca_ES@valencia ca_IT.UTF-8 cmn_TW cs_CZ.UTF-8
  ca_ES ca_FR ce_RU crh_UA cv_RU
  ca_ES@euro ca_FR.UTF-8 chr_US csb_PL cy_GB
  casaba@ship-macbook:/backups$ sudo locale-gen C.UTF-8
  Generating locales (this might take a while)...
    C.UTF-8... done
  Generation complete.
  casaba@ship-macbook:/backups$ update-locale LANG=C.UTF8
  casaba@ship-macbook:/backups$ sudo update-locale LANG=C.UTF8

  Now the result is (after logout/login)

  ua status
  SERVICE ENTITLED STATUS DESCRIPTION
  cc-eal yes n/a Common Criteria EAL2 Provisioning Packages
  cis yes n/a Security compliance and audit tools
  esm-infra yes n/a UA Infra: Extended Security Maintenance (ESM)
  fips yes n/a NIST-certified core packages
  fips-updates yes n/a NIST-certified core packages with priority security
updates
  livepatch yes n/a Canonical Livepatch service

  Enable services with: ua enable <service>

       Account: il...@fastmail.fm

  If Ubuntu 22 ships with current configuration, entire TR will suffer
  considering you can't find http:// downloads anymore.

  Package: openssl 3.0.2-0ubuntu1
  ApportVersion: 2.20.11-0ubuntu82
  Architecture: amd64
  CasperMD5CheckResult: unknown
  Date: Thu Apr 14 10:21:09 2022
  InstallationMedia: Lubuntu 20.04.3 LTS "Focal Fossa" - Release amd64
(20210819)
  SourcePackage: openssl
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to jammy on 2022-04-09 (4 days ago)
  mtime.conffile..etc.ssl.openssl.cnf: 2022-04-10T13:11:20.222505