The verification of the Stable Release Update for gtk+3.0 has completed
successfully and the package is now being released to -updates.
Subsequently, the Ubuntu Stable Release Updates Team is being
unsubscribed and will not receive messages about this bug report.  In
the event that you encounter a regression using the package from
-updates please report a new bug using ubuntu-bug and tag the bug report
regression-update so we can easily find any regressions.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to gtk+3.0 in Ubuntu.

  Include gtk3 changes needed for mutter 42.1

Status in gtk+3.0 package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in gtk+3.0 source package in Jammy:

  Impact
  ------
  We need to update gtk3 before updating mutter to 42.1. Otherwise, in gtk3
apps like gedit, it's not possible to scroll past the cursor position.

  The mutter issue with more details is
  https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/mutter/-/issues/2261

  We need to update mutter 42.1 since it includes a lot of bug fixes.

  GNOME Shell 42.1 (with the corresponding changes to mutter, gtk3 and
  gtk4) will better comply with the Wayland specifications.

  The gtk4 bug is LP: #1972722

  Test Case
  ---------
  Install the updated gtk3 packages.
  Use gedit to open a long text file.
  Scroll down past the page break.
  The document should scroll normally.

  What Could Go Wrong
  Ideally, GNOME would have done a new GTK3 release for this issue. They will
eventually, but it seems better for Ubuntu to be proactive and not further
delay the mutter/gnome-shell 42.1 releases.

  These commits are cherry-picks from the stable branch
  https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gtk/-/commits/gtk-3-24/

  NOTE
  ----
  To avoid a temporary mismatch related to phased updates, we want this update
to be 100% phased before releasing mutter 42.1 to jammy-updates.