Public bug reported:

The Kubuntu installation process offers this check-box on the second
screen:

"Install third-party software for graphics and Wi-Fi hardware, Flash,
MP3 and other media" box while installing Kubuntu as another form of
manual installation."

If you check that box, your video drivers are handled for you by a
collaboration between Ubuntu and NVIDIA.

The "Additional Drivers" tab in Software Sources then displays these messages
when you open it:
        * "This device is using a manually-installed driver."
        * "Continue using a manually installed driver"
        * "No proprietary drivers are in use."

It wasn't obvious to me that "manually-installed" included those of us
who checked the little check-box during the installation of the
operating system to have our video drivers automatically installed and
managed by Ubuntu and NVIDIA.

I would like to suggest that the first two messages in the "Additional Drivers"
tab get changed to something like this to make it obvious that they include us:
        * "This device is using a manually-installed or third-party driver."
        * "Continue using a manually-installed or third-party driver"

Or if you'd like to word it differently:
        * "This device is using a manually-installed or automatically-installed
driver."
        * "Continue using a manually-installed or automatically-installed
driver"

** Affects: software-properties (Ubuntu)

** Attachment added: "The two places in which the text appears in the
"Additional "Drivers" tab are marked here with arrows."

https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1976302/+attachment/5593898/+files/AdditionalDriversTab.png

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to software-properties in

  software-properties Additional Drivers tab informational text
  enhancement

Status in software-properties package in Ubuntu: