Public bug reported:

The man page describes a "--metalink-over-http" option to wget:

       --metalink-over-http
           Issues HTTP HEAD request instead of GET and extracts Metalink
metadata from response headers. Then it switches to Metalink download.
           If no valid Metalink metadata is found, it falls back to ordinary
HTTP download.  Enables Content-Type: application/metalink4+xml
           files download/processing.

However, attempting to use the "--metalink-over-http" option results in
an error:

    $ wget --metalink-over-http https://www.example.com/
    wget: unrecognized option '--metalink-over-http'
    Usage: wget [OPTION]... [URL]...

    Try `wget --help' for more options.

(I assume the error occurs because the Ubuntu version of wget is built
without passing the `--with-metalink` flag to `configure`.)

Since the man page should correctly describe the options wget can take,
the `--metalink-over-http` section of it should be removed.

(The same might apply to the man page discussion of `--metalink-index`,
`--input-metalink`, `--keep-badhash`, `--preferred-location`, since
those options mention metalinks, but I haven't investigated further.)

** Affects: wget (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to wget in Ubuntu.

  man page incorrectly lists "--metalink-over-http" as an option

Status in wget package in Ubuntu: