Well you figured out the versions we stopped shipping it, so you could
have just read the changelog to find out why that happened.

But anyway, we no longer protect the last installed kernel.

** Changed in: apt (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to apt in Ubuntu.

  apt package missing apt-auto-removal

Status in apt package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  #> lsb_release -rd
  Release:      20.04

  #> apt-cache policy apt
  apt:
    Installed: 2.0.9
    Candidate: 2.0.9
    Version table:
   *** 2.0.9 500
          500 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu focal-updates/main amd64
Packages
          100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
       2.0.2ubuntu0.2 500
          500 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu focal-security/main amd64
Packages
       2.0.2 500
          500 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu focal/main amd64 Packages

  The /etc/kernel/postinst.d/apt-auto-removal file is supposed to be
  included in the apt package...

  #> apt-file find apt-auto-removal
  apt: /etc/kernel/postinst.d/apt-auto-removal
  open-infrastructure-system-build:
/usr/share/live/build/hooks/normal/0196-remote-apt-auto-removal.hook.chroot

  But versions 2.0.8 and 2.0.9 do not include it...

  #> dpkg -L apt | fgrep -i post
  /etc/kernel/postinst.d

  #> ls /etc/kernel/postinst.d/
  ./  ../  initramfs-tools*  xx-update-initrd-links*  zz-update-grub*

  Can you please rebuild this package to include the missing file?