This bug was fixed in the package livecd-rootfs - 2.774

---------------
livecd-rootfs (2.774) kinetic; urgency=medium

  * Remove modemmanager and udisks2 from cloud images in addition to fwupd.
    The use of tasks at install means all packages are marked manually
    installed in the apt database, so removing fwupd does not remove its
    dependencies.  LP: #1981109.

 -- Steve Langasek <steve.langa...@ubuntu.com>  Thu, 04 Aug 2022
11:24:55 -0700

** Changed in: livecd-rootfs (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to ubuntu-meta in Ubuntu.

  server image pulls in ModemManager via fwupd, consumes 25MiB RAM in
  every container

Status in fwupd package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in livecd-rootfs package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in modemmanager package in Ubuntu:
  Triaged
Status in ubuntu-meta package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in fwupd source package in Jammy:
  Invalid
Status in livecd-rootfs source package in Jammy:
  Triaged
Status in modemmanager source package in Jammy:
  New
Status in ubuntu-meta source package in Jammy:

  Looking at memory utilization in a pristine Ubuntu lxd container (top
  -o RES), I see that ModemManager is running, which I was surprised to
  see is present at all in the stock image.

  Tracking this I find that fwupd depends on libmm-glib0, which in turn
  Recommends: modemmanager.

  Libraries in general should not recommend daemons, so it's possible
  this should be fixed by libmm-glib0 dropping this Recommends.  It
  certainly doesn't seem to be a deliberate decision by the Server Team
  to have modemmanager installed and running by default on all systems.