Public bug reported:

Hello.
I'm on ubuntu 22.04, I saw that ntfs3 is supposed to correctly write to an NTFS
partition.
I inform you that this is not the case.
Here is my quick test

First try on EFI computer:
I remove the NTFS-3G package to be sure not to use it.
When I detect that the cp command is no longer responding, I kill the process.
Nothing is happening. I shut down the computer. During the shutdown phase, I am
informed twice that the cp command is running.
On reboot, I cannot access the partition. But I succeed in read-only mode.
I run another normal ubuntu which tells me that I have to use windows to do an
chkdsk
But windows refuse to start, I duplicate by the dd command the NTFS partition
in a larger NTFS partition stored in an external disk.
Then I delete the NTFS partition from the internal disk.
Then I repare windows.
After restarting windows, I find that its disk space manager cannot access  to
the duplicate partition on external disk.
There's no answer. So no letter to do the CHKDSK command.
I decide to be more methodical in order to open a discussion and make a script
to see a little what is happening.
See the rest.

** Affects: e2fsprogs (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to e2fsprogs in Ubuntu.

  cp command loop when using ntfs3 package

Status in e2fsprogs package in Ubuntu: