"I'll leave the cloud-init team to comment, but I actually disagree."

Yeah, we already provide that info in a more raw state, and for cloud-
init, it won't help to pretty it up or do more parsing. Is there
something needed from cloud-init for this to work correctly?

** Changed in: cloud-init (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to apport in Ubuntu.

  Update ubuntu cloud info

Status in apport package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in cloud-init package in Ubuntu:

  add_cloud_info() in data/general-hooks/ubuntu.py needs an overhaul.

  Issues:
   - Using the presence of cloud-init to flag an image as a cloud image is
incorrect now that ubuntu-server includes cloud-init (and ubuntu-core images)
   - Using the presence of EC2 metadata source is incorrect as many non-EC2
clouds provide EC2 metadata.  Thus we have bugs like bug #1722946 that are
tagged as an 'ec2-images' bug which are clearly on openstack
   - Marking all bugs that have cloud-init but no EC2 metadata source as an
'uec-images' bug uses a name that no longer has meaning.

  Solution:
   - If cloud-init is present, check for /etc/cloud/build.info to indicate an
Ubuntu cloud images, tag as 'cloud-images'.  Pull the build_name and serial
from that file into the bug comments.
   - If cloud-init is present, check for the presence of
/run/cloud-init/cloud.cfg.  Parse this yaml to determine the datasource type.
Add the datasource used to the bug comment.

  I have filed bug #1724626 to ask cloud-init development to surface
  more information from ds-identify to help ID the cloud so that we can
  better tag/annotate the bug.  There may also be some info we can get
  to indicate the image ID on more clouds than just AWS.  At a minimum I
  would like to see dsidentify make the EC2 platform it found available
  for consumers in cloud.cfg.  This would allow us to identify AWS EC2
  from look-alike datasources so that we can tag a bug as ec2-images for
  bug really on AWS and add EC2 specific fields to the
  description/attachments.