Dimitri thank you for the upload! I'd like to accept it soonish, but
since this SRU bug is missing the usual Test Case, Impact and Regression
Potential, could you fill that up before I accept it? I'd like to know
more about the fix that you performed, what it changes and what could go
wrong with it.

  ZFS + Encryption installations of Ubuntu Desktop do not come up
  correctly on first boot, systemd unmounts many of the zfs volumes

Status in Ubuntu Manual Tests:
  New
Status in Release Notes for Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in snapd package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in systemd package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in ubiquity package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in zfs-linux package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in zsys package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  This is *probably* the wrong package, but it's the best I can figure
  for this, so here goes.

  Hardware: Kubuntu Focus XE, 32 GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, 11th Gen Intel Core
  i5, UEFI, no secure boot. Testing done in GNOME Boxes, BIOS, 4 GB RAM,
  50 GB disk space . OS is Ubuntu Desktop, Kinetic Final ISO.

  Steps to reproduce:

  1. Boot the Ubuntu desktop ISO.
  2. Select "Install Ubuntu" and proceed with the installation process.
  3. When you get to the "Installation type" screen, select "Advanced Options",
and enable ZFS + Encryption.
  4. Proceed with the rest of the installation as normal.
  5. Reboot into the newly installed system.
  6. Log in.
  7. Run "sudo apt update" in a terminal.

  Expected result: The package database should be updated normally.

  Actual result: You are presented with the following errors at the end
  of the apt output:

  Reading package lists... Error!
  E: flAbsPath on /var/lib/dpkg/status failed - realpath (2: No such file or
directory)
  E: Could not open file  - open (2: No such file or directory)
  E: Problem opening
  E: The package lists or status file could not be parsed or opened.

  Notes: Switching to a TTY will print a crash error message related to the
same missing /var/lib/dpkg/status file. Running "sudo touch
/var/lib/dpkg/status" will allow "sudo apt update" to function and fix the
crashed process in the TTY.

  Once you log in, you'll notice that Firefox is missing (bug #1993279),
  and you will likely be presented with a ton of error messages and
  other scary junk. At least one of those error messages was related to
  update-manager in my experience, and another one was from "check-new-
  release-gtk".

  Package: zsys (not installed)
  NonfreeKernelModules: zfs zunicode zavl icp zcommon znvpair
  ApportVersion: 2.23.1-0ubuntu3
  Architecture: amd64
  CasperMD5CheckResult: pass
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  Date: Tue Oct 18 09:55:27 2022
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 22.10 "Kinetic Kudu" - Release amd64 (20221018)
  ProcEnviron:
   TERM=xterm-256color
   PATH=(custom, no username)
   XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=<set>