** Description changed:

  Test Case
  ---------
+ From Ubuntu 23.04, install glib >= 2.75.3-3
+ Log out
+ Click your name on the login screen.
+ Click the gear button to choose Ubuntu on Xorg
+ Enter your password to finish logging in.
+ Open Firefox (or Chromium)
+ Try to enter text in the address bar.

+ What Happens
+ ------------
+ No text is input

- Original Bug Report
- -------------------
- While preparing the gnome-settings-daemon 44 Beta update for Ubuntu 23.04, I
noticed that I could no longer enter text in the address bars for the Chromium
or Firefox snaps.
+ Other Info
+ ----------
+ This issue appears to only affects the Xorg session.

- Therefore, I reverted https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnome-settings-
+ It also affected the Wayland session with gnome-settings-daemon 44 Beta,
+ but I reverted https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnome-settings-
  daemon/-/commit/27bc0889c so that we could continue with the update. See
  https://salsa.debian.org/gnome-team/gnome-settings-
  daemon/-/commit/baeeed93

  Before I did that, I tested disabling our patches but it didn't make a
  difference.

- I was unable to reproduce the issue on Debian Testing but there may have
- been differences in how snap was configured there.
-
- I'm filing this bug since ideally we would not be diverging from
- upstream here.
+ The issue happens with kinetic's gnome-settings-daemon 43; it just looks
+ like the gnome-settings-daemon commit made the situation worse but that
+ commit was reverted.

** Description changed:

  Test Case
  ---------
  From Ubuntu 23.04, install glib >= 2.75.3-3
  Log out
  Click your name on the login screen.
  Click the gear button to choose Ubuntu on Xorg
  Enter your password to finish logging in.
  Open Firefox (or Chromium)
  Try to enter text in the address bar.

  What Happens
  ------------
  No text is input

  Other Info
  ----------
  This issue appears to only affects the Xorg session.

- It also affected the Wayland session with gnome-settings-daemon 44 Beta,
- but I reverted https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnome-settings-
- daemon/-/commit/27bc0889c so that we could continue with the update. See
- https://salsa.debian.org/gnome-team/gnome-settings-
- daemon/-/commit/baeeed93
+ And I've only seen the issue with the Firefox and Chromium snaps.
+
+ gnome-settings-daemon
+ ---------------------
+ It also affected the Wayland session with gnome-settings-daemon 44 Beta, but
I reverted
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnome-settings-daemon/-/commit/27bc0889c so that
we could continue with the update. See
https://salsa.debian.org/gnome-team/gnome-settings-daemon/-/commit/baeeed93

  Before I did that, I tested disabling our patches but it didn't make a
  difference.

  The issue happens with kinetic's gnome-settings-daemon 43; it just looks
  like the gnome-settings-daemon commit made the situation worse but that
  commit was reverted.

** Summary changed:

- glib2.0 2.75.3-3 breaks text input for Firefox & Chromium snaps
+ glib2.0 2.75.3-3 breaks text input for Firefox & Chromium snaps on Xorg

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to ibus in Ubuntu.

  glib2.0 2.75.3-3 breaks text input for Firefox & Chromium snaps on
  Xorg

Status in glib2.0 package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in ibus package in Ubuntu: