I see this issue on a fresh install of Ubuntu 22.04, where
"/etc/resolv.conf" exists as a symlink before resolvconf is installed,
creating a dangling symlink in "/etc/resolvconf/resolv.conf.d/original".

I believe the line in resolvconf.postinst that creates the file

   cp -a /etc/resolv.conf /etc/resolvconf/resolv.conf.d/original

could be changed to

   cp -L --preserve=all /etc/resolv.conf
/etc/resolvconf/resolv.conf.d/original

to ensure that, if a symlink, the actual file is preserved.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to resolvconf in Ubuntu.

  bad symlink "/etc/resolvconf/resolv.conf.d/original"

Status in resolvconf package in Ubuntu:

  Ubuntu 17.10 amd_64
  resolvconf 1.79ubuntu8

  The symlink at "/etc/resolvconf/resolv.conf.d/original" points to
  "../run/systemd/resolve/stub-resolv.conf". This is a broken link as
  the relative path does not exist. This causes resolvconf to improperly
  (re-)generate "/run/resolvconf/resolv.conf". The link should probably
  instead point to the absolute path "/run/systemd/resolve/stub-
  resolv.conf".