Current the machine in use is a mini-pc.  Per other purchasers of the
mini-pc on Amazon,  the sound chips on this pc are not compatible with
Ubuntu jammy-jellyfish and thus this writer should NOT have upgraded the
pc to jammy-jellyfish which did not immediately but eventually appeared
to kill sound on the pc.

I have since USB ported Focal-Fossa back on this machine and the sound
works fine and I set the pc to NEVER upgrade Ubuntu to Jammy.

So there is no current reason to continue this bug, unless someone is
aware of how Jammy would become compatible.  I will leave it to the
community to decide to close this bug.  But I do not intend to pursue it
since the mini-pc is a useful tool as it is and works quite fine with
what it has got.  It only costs $129 so it is not worth the sweat.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to pulseaudio in Ubuntu.

  [HDA-Intel - HD-Audio Generic, playback] Pulseaudio fails to detect
  card- also hdaudio fails to load on boot, codecs not found,  no sound
  from HDMI sources.  also for some reason Bluetooth does not work it
  has a fail loop that constantly connects and disconnects to Bluetooth
  devices.

Status in pulseaudio package in Ubuntu:
  Opinion

Bug description:
  Main issue is that HDMI sound does not work or load at all, it is not
  even an option in the 'Sound Settings' in GUI when it was working fine
  before.

  This started around March 3-4, 2023 per my syslog.
  Also on boot,  'hdaudio' fails and says no codecs found.

  And also I tried using Bluetooth devices but instead of connecting to
  Bluetooth they started a connect/disconnect loop which meant as far as
  I could tell Bluetooth was trying to connect but not succeeding when
  it had before.

  Package: pulseaudio 1:15.99.1+dfsg1-1ubuntu2
  ProcVersionSignature: User Name 5.19.0-35.36~22.04.1-generic 5.19.17
  Uname: Linux 5.19.0-35-generic x86_64
  ApportVersion: 2.20.11-0ubuntu82.3
  Architecture: amd64
  AudioDevicesInUse:
   USER        PID ACCESS COMMAND
   /dev/snd/controlC1:  ubuntu     2013 F.... pulseaudio
  CasperMD5CheckResult: unknown
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  Date: Sat Mar 11 10:07:40 2023
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 20.04.1 LTS "Focal Fossa" - Release amd64 (20200731)
  ProcEnviron:
   TERM=xterm-256color
   PATH=(custom, no user)
   XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=<set>
   LANG=en_US.UTF-8
   SHELL=/bin/bash
  SourcePackage: pulseaudio
  Symptom: audio
  Symptom_Card: USB Audio Device - USB Audio Device
  Title: [HDA-Intel - HD-Audio Generic, playback] Pulseaudio fails to detect
card
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to jammy on 2022-11-24 (107 days ago)
  dmi.bios.date: 07/19/2022
  dmi.bios.release: 0.8
  dmi.bios.vendor: American Megatrends Inc.
  dmi.bios.version: ASB20008
  dmi.board.asset.tag: Default string
  dmi.board.name: ATOPNUC MA90
  dmi.board.vendor: ATOPNUC
  dmi.board.version: Version 1.0
  dmi.chassis.asset.tag: Default string
  dmi.chassis.type: 35
  dmi.chassis.vendor: Default string
  dmi.chassis.version: Default string
  dmi.ec.firmware.release: 1.18
  dmi.modalias:
dmi:bvnAmericanMegatrendsInc.:bvrASB20008:bd07/19/2022:br0.8:efr1.18:svnATOPNUC:pnATOPNUCMA90:pvrV1.0:rvnATOPNUC:rnATOPNUCMA90:rvrVersion1.0:cvnDefaultstring:ct35:cvrDefaultstring:skuDefaultSKU:
  dmi.product.family: Series 20
  dmi.product.name: ATOPNUC MA90
  dmi.product.sku: Default SKU
  dmi.product.version: V1.0