I support, at least version 5.39 which is is Debian stable
https://packages.debian.org/bullseye/libmagic-dev. Any reason not to do
it?

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to file in Ubuntu.

  Please update package to 5.41

Status in file package in Ubuntu:

  Could we update this packages such that
  new mime / file types like image/avif and image/webp are included?

  I saw that there is an auto imported branch in git already for 5.41
  from debian unstable, so it shouldn´t be that complicated + it would
  be nice to have up to date mime data / file data for an LTS Release of