Newer releases of Ubuntu can always start making use of new file system
feature flags. Looking at all currently supported releases (whether
standard or ESM), we have never SRUed e2fsprogs before, it only ever
received security updates, so I'd be inclined to not do a backport here
either and resolve that in the snap side of things.

Generally for recovery purposes you will be booting an image with an
equal or newer version of Ubuntu.

Regarding Dimitri's comment about new kernel feature support in 5.15,
that doesn't seem related to this issue, and I'm not sure we should be
changing feature flag in a stable release anyhow.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to e2fsprogs in Ubuntu.

  FDE image fails to run e2fsck

Status in e2fsprogs package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in e2fsprogs source package in Jammy:

  After installation of the FDE image, the system fails to boot due to
  e2fsck failing with:

  Jun 21 12:48:19 ubuntu systemd-fsck[268]: /dev/vda2 has unsupported
  feature(s): FEATURE_C12

  ----

  this means that Jammy fsck fails against mantic created ext4 which is
  not great

  Seems this is orphan_file feature / orphan_present

  Also need to check if grub2 supports this as it is RO_INCOMPAT
  feature.