Public bug reported:

I have dual boot Windows 10, volume is high even at 50%. The same
YouTube video, VLC player, Rhythmbox have poor audio volume even at
100%. Relying on Bluetooth speakers for some media. I tried various GUI
tools, alsa-mixer. The volume is 100%. Looks like something to do with
the driver level or ALSA.

When I used alsamixer in the Terminal, I got this ( screenshot attached
)

The issue is the same with internal speakers mainly. But my Bluetooth
speakers also give more sound on Windows 10.

Release:        22.04

Please let me know if you need any other info. My laptop is a 2 year old
HP Pavilion 15-ec2xxx

** Affects: alsa-driver (Ubuntu)

** Tags: alc285 realtek

** Attachment added: "alsamixer output"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/2026719/+attachment/5685137/+files/Screenshot%20from%202023-07-10%2016-07-48.png

** Summary changed:

- Low Volume 22.04 Relatek ALC285 HP Pavilion 15-ec2xxx
+ Low Volume 22.04 Realtek ALC285 HP Pavilion 15-ec2xxx

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to alsa-driver in Ubuntu.

  Low Volume 22.04 Realtek ALC285 HP Pavilion 15-ec2xxx

Status in alsa-driver package in Ubuntu: