Status changed to 'Confirmed' because the bug affects multiple users.

** Changed in: apt (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to apt in Ubuntu.

  apt dist-upgrade does not restart package qemu-guest-agent

Status in apt package in Ubuntu:

  When my system Ubuntu 22.04.2 LTS performs apt dist-upgrade (manually or from
unattended upgrades) and there is an upadte on package qemu-guest-agent, the
agent gets stopped, updated, but is not started.
  I observed this behaviour on two machines with same result.

  After I run the apt I see this in syslog, no errors:
  Jul 19 07:04:02 micro systemd[1]: Stopping QEMU Guest Agent...
  Jul 19 07:04:02 micro systemd[1]: qemu-guest-agent.service: Deactivated
successfully.
  Jul 19 07:04:02 micro systemd[1]: Stopped QEMU Guest Agent.
  Jul 19 07:04:02 micro systemd[1]: qemu-guest-agent.service: Consumed 31min
49.962s CPU time.