[Expired for sg3-utils (Ubuntu) because there has been no activity for
60 days.]

** Changed in: sg3-utils (Ubuntu)

  udev ata_id environment keys not imported for sata hdd

Status in sg3-utils package in Ubuntu:
  Expired
Status in systemd package in Ubuntu:
  Expired

Bug description:
  Hello,

  While debugging why `pm-utils` hdparam udev rules were not picked up by my
  SATA HDD, I found that it depends on the presence of the
`ID_ATA_FEATURE_SET_APM`
  env key to set the drive advanced power management. This key is returned by
  `ata_id` correctly but, among other values, they are never imported as
  environment keys by udev.

  They seem to be imported in `/lib/udev/rules.d/60-persistent-
  storage.rules`

  # ATA
  KERNEL=="sd*[!0-9]|sr*", ENV{ID_SERIAL}!="?*", SUBSYSTEMS=="scsi", \
   ATTRS{vendor}=="ATA", IMPORT{program}="ata_id --export $devnode"

  But this rule is not applied since `sg3_utils` already set an
  `ID_SERIAL` in
  https://github.com/hreinecke/sg3_utils/blob/master/scripts/55-scsi-
  sg3_id.rules#L100C61-L100C61

  I workaround this by introducing a new rule that imports the `ata_id` output
on that
  device, without the ID_SERIAL condition, which makes hdparm to detect APM
correctly.

  So, regardless of how hdparm is detecting APM capabilities, I'm not sure the
current
  behavior is expected or not. I would expect that the `ata_id` env properties
are
  always imported if the device has `ID_ATA=1`

  # lsb_release -rd
  Release:      22.04
  # apt-cache policy systemd
  systemd: