Thank you for taking the time to report this bug and helping to make
Ubuntu better. We are sorry that we do not always have the capacity to
review all reported bugs in a timely manner.

No version information has been given and with no comments for over nine
years I'm closing this as 'Invalid'. If this issue is still relevant in
a currently supported release of Ubuntu then please let us know which
one(s) so that the Ubuntu developers can focus their attention on
specific Ubuntu releases.

You should also then change the status of the bug report back to 'New'.

** Changed in: vim (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to vim in Ubuntu.

  comments inside parentheses mess up the syntax coloring of shell
  script

Status in vim package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  Hi,

  I've found the following bug with syntax coloring of shell scripts in vi and
vim.
  If you add comments outside parenthesis, it works fine.
  But if you add comments inside parenthesis, or worse comments with quotes,
the syntax coloring is totally messed up.

  I join a sample shell script to demonstrate the bug.

  Best regards,
     Laurent Lyaudet