Thank you for reporting this bug to Ubuntu.  We are sorry that we do not
always have the capacity to look at all reported bugs in a timely
manner.

Ubuntu 10.10 (maverick) reached end-of-life on April 10, 2012.
Ubuntu 10.04 (lucid) reached end-of-life on May 9, 2013.

This issue may well have been fixed sometime during the 12+ years since
it was reported but as OpenOffice is no longer part of the Ubuntu
distribution I'm closing this as 'Invalid'.

FWIW, I can copy from GVim 8.2 and paste into LibreOffice Writer 7.3 (in
Ubuntu 22.04).

** Changed in: vim (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to vim in Ubuntu.

  Gvim 7.2 paste into OpenOffice 3.2.0 fails

Status in vim package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  Binary package hint: vim

  Copying something from Gvim, either using the X clipboard or the menu
  commands, and then pasting it into OpenOffice, fails with the error
  "Requested clipboard format is not available". This behavior also
  happens with other programs such as Lotus Notes.

  As a workaround, using Paste Special and selecting plain text format
  (not HTML) will successfully paste the text. Alternatively, setting
  the following option in vim/vimrc prior to copying will also work:

  :set cb=autoselect,html,exclude:cons\|linux

  This bug was introduced in vim 7.2.201 and corrected in 7.2.442 (see
  http://ftp.vim.org/pub/vim/patches/7.2/README)

  Given the LTS status of Ubuntu 10.04 this fix should be trickled down
  to it since it affects basic functionality of Gvim.

  Package: vim-common 2:7.2.330-1ubuntu3
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 2.6.32-24.39-generic 2.6.32.15+drm33.5
  Uname: Linux 2.6.32-24-generic x86_64
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia
  Architecture: amd64
  Date: Sat Aug 14 14:53:03 2010
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 9.10 "Karmic Koala" - Release amd64 (20091027)
  ProcEnviron:
   LANGUAGE=en_GB:en
   PATH=(custom, user)
   LANG=en_GB.utf8