I believe this is fixed for Ubuntu 24.04 LTS which will use the browser
to log in instead of a popup window powered by WebkitGTK.

** Changed in: gnome-online-accounts (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: gnome-online-accounts (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to gnome-online-accounts in

  GOA cannot add a Gmail account of a minor (young child who needs
  consent)

Status in gnome-online-accounts package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Committed

Bug description:
  Hello
  I am user of ubuntu 18.04 with gnome version 3.28.2 and it seems that I have
found a bug when a GMAIL account is added.
  I have a problem setting up my child's GMAIL account (minor). The normal
thing in any web browser is that when entering the GMAIL website, enter the
data of them and then have to enter mine to consent to their access. In the
GNOME directly blocks access when entering from ONLINE ACCOUNTS. Is there a
solution for you to access?
  Thanks and best regards

  Package: ubuntu-release-upgrader-core 1:18.04.31
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 4.18.0-18.19~18.04.1-generic 4.18.20
  Uname: Linux 4.18.0-18-generic x86_64
  ApportVersion: 2.20.9-0ubuntu7.6
  Architecture: amd64
  CrashDB: ubuntu
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  Date: Sun May  5 07:43:54 2019
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS "Bionic Beaver" - Release amd64
(20190210)
  PackageArchitecture: all
  SourcePackage: ubuntu-release-upgrader
  Symptom: dist-upgrade