This can be closed since bug 2024164 replaced dhclient with dhcpcd.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to initramfs-tools in Ubuntu.

  use dhclient -4 instead of ipconfig in easy cases in 18.10

Status in initramfs-tools package in Ubuntu:

  When adding ipv6 netboot support to initramfs-tools in yakkety/zesty,
  this was initially attempted with replacing ipconfig with dhclient.
  As described in LP: #1621507, the use of dhclient for ipv4 dhcp was
  backed out in favor of ipconfig.  So at the moment, we are using both
  ipconfig from klibc-utils and dhclient from isc-dhcp-client in the
  initramfs.

  We want to switch off of klibc-utils completely and use isc-dhcp-
  client for both ipv4 and ipv6 in initramfs-tools. But for cosmic,
  we'll only do the easy bits. Bug 1790418 is about finishing the job.