This feature should be postponed to the 2.31 version (i.e. the 25.04
cycle), as we don't fully understand the typical usage patterns of
apport-retrace. We're talking about a substantial change, and having it
targeted to 2.30 (which needs to be cut in the coming two weeks) would
be rushing it, even though we don't actually have reports of it being an
issue in production. It's only becoming a problem because we now have
apport-retrace system tests during autopkgtests, which is by definition
an artificial setting.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to apport in Ubuntu.

  apport-retrace needs more than 1.5 GB memory (when using sandbox)

Status in Apport:
  Triaged
Status in apport package in Ubuntu:

  The system tests test_retrace_system_sandbox and
  test_retrace_jammy_sandbox fail on arm64, ppc64el, s390x, because
  apport-retrace is killed by the OOM killer. Example:

  autopkgtest kernel: Out of memory: Killed process 3597 (apport-
  retrace) total-vm:1512420kB, anon-rss:1241460kB, file-rss:2592kB,
  shmem-rss:0kB, UID:0 pgtables:2554kB oom_score_adj:0

  Log: https://autopkgtest.ubuntu.com/results/autopkgtest-oracular-
  bdrung-apport/oracular/s390x/a/apport/20240722_145904_d3c2f@/log.gz

  apport-retrace should be able to retrace crashes without needing
  multiple gigabytes of memory.