** Changed in: vlan (Debian)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to iproute2 in Ubuntu.

  iproute2: removing /sbin/ip link breaks other packages and possibly
  user scripts

Status in iproute2 package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in vlan package in Debian:

  Imported from Debian bug http://bugs.debian.org/1078721:

  Package: iproute2
  Version: 6.10.0-1
  Severity: critical
  Justification: breaks the whole system

  The first time I rebooted after iproute2 removed the /sbin/ip link, my system
  failed to boot. I eventually discovered this was because /sbin/vconfig (from
  the "vlan" package) calls /sbin/ip and when that failed the network was not
  configured. This meant having to boot into single user mode for diagnostics
  because systemd hung forever waiting for the network.

  My ideal solution would be to revert 1064795 and mark it "wontfix" as there's
  no way to know how many users have locally written scripts that call ip via
  what used to be a perfectly valid path (and because removing the symlink buys
  exactly nothing as far as I can tell).

  A less satisfactory solution would be to add a versioned Breaks and a version
  of the vlan package with a different path to /sbin/ip. (And, of course, any
  other package that might have broken, not including local scripts which we
  can't possibly identify.)

  -- System Information:
  Debian Release: trixie/sid
    APT prefers unstable
    APT policy: (500, 'unstable')
  Architecture: amd64 (x86_64)
  Foreign Architectures: i386

  Kernel: Linux 6.10.4-amd64 (SMP w/12 CPU threads; PREEMPT)
  Kernel taint flags: TAINT_PROPRIETARY_MODULE, TAINT_OOT_MODULE,
TAINT_UNSIGNED_MODULE
  Locale: LANG=en_US.UTF-8, LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8), LANGUAGE not
set
  Shell: /bin/sh linked to /usr/bin/dash
  Init: systemd (via /run/systemd/system)
  LSM: AppArmor: enabled

  Versions of packages iproute2 depends on:
  ii  debconf [debconf-2.0]  1.5.87
  ii  libbpf1                1:1.4.5-1
  ii  libc6                  2.39-6
  ii  libcap2                1:2.66-5
  ii  libcap2-bin            1:2.66-5
  ii  libdb5.3t64            5.3.28+dfsg2-7
  ii  libelf1t64             0.191-2
  ii  libmnl0                1.0.5-2+b1
  ii  libselinux1            3.5-2+b4
  ii  libtirpc3t64           1.3.4+ds-1.3