** Changed in: util-linux (Ubuntu)
     Assignee: (unassigned) => Paul Mars (upils)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to util-linux in Ubuntu.

  Things depending on libmount1 complain MOUNT_2_40 not found

Status in util-linux package in Ubuntu:

  I have upgraded to the oracular beta yesterday on my home machine.
  After upgrading I started to notice errors issued by libgio that
  MOUNT_2_40 could not be found despite having libmount1 2.40.2
  installed as part the upgrade.

  On reboot I noticed that gdm no longer starts, and networking is
  broken. Even running nmcli in a tty fails with the same complaint.
  Loggin in on a tty using username and password still works but the
  system is broken.

  I have tried using a live environment and chrooting to reinstall
  libmount1, util-linux and libglib2.0 and libc6 packages as recommended
  on the arch forums (only arch users seem to have encountered this
  before me). The reinstalls were successful but the error message did
  not go away when I tried to run nmcli or other libgio using programs.

  Please give this a look since it might break many people's machines
  trying the beta like I tried to do.