raring has seen the end of its life and is no longer receiving any
updates. Marking the raring task for this ticket as "Won't Fix".

** Changed in: autopilot (Ubuntu Raring)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to autopilot in Ubuntu.

  Make it easier to select an introspection type.

Status in Autopilot:
  Fix Released
Status in autopilot package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in autopilot source package in Raring:
  Won't Fix

Bug description:
  Currently autopilot can auto-detect the introspection type to use when
  launching applications if the application is a dynamically linked
  binary. The current mechanism for overriding this is by overriding a
  method in AUtopilotTestCase. This is cumbersome because:

  1) It applies to all the applications launched within that test.
  2) It's a lot of typing

  Ideally we need a keyword parameter to launch_test_application that
  allows the user to specify the application type - the default value
  should be 'Auto'. This means we can then consolodate the code in
  bin/autopilot and the code in autopilot/testcase.py. We should
  probably keep the old mechanism as well, in case the user wants to
  specify the introspection type once, for all applications launched.

  Don't forget to update the documentation, including the porting guide!