The actual values for those environment variables are the same as
reported by apt:

$LC_ADDRESS =  en_IT.UTF-8
$LC_COLLATE =  C
$LC_IDENTIFICATION =  en_IT.UTF-8
$LC_MEASUREMENT =  en_IT.UTF-8
$LC_MONETARY =  en_IT.UTF-8
$LC_NAME =  en_IT.UTF-8
$LC_NUMERIC =  en_IT.UTF-8
$LC_PAPER =  en_IT.UTF-8
$LC_TELEPHONE =  en_IT.UTF-8
$LC_TIME       =  en_IT.UTF-8

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to apt in Ubuntu.

  Doesn't recognize locale properly

Status in apt package in Ubuntu:

  My current locale settings are:
  LANG="en_US.UTF-8"
  LC_NUMERIC="it_IT.UTF-8"
  LC_TIME="it_IT.UTF-8"
  LC_MONETARY="it_IT.UTF-8"
  LC_PAPER="it_IT.UTF-8"
  LC_NAME="it_IT.UTF-8"
  LC_ADDRESS="it_IT.UTF-8"
  LC_TELEPHONE="it_IT.UTF-8"
  LC_MEASUREMENT="it_IT.UTF-8"
  LC_IDENTIFICATION="it_IT.UTF-8"

  as defined in /etc/default/locale and

  LC_COLLATE="C"

  in my ~/.bashrc

  That is: I need all messages in Englishwhile using local (Italian)
cenventions for numbers, time etc and use "C" collation.
  Everytime I run apt-get I get this error message:

  perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
          LANGUAGE = "en",
          LC_ALL = (unset),
          LC_TIME = "en_IT.UTF-8",
          LC_MONETARY = "en_IT.UTF-8",
          LC_COLLATE = "C",
          LC_ADDRESS = "en_IT.UTF-8",
          LC_TELEPHONE = "en_IT.UTF-8",
          LC_NAME = "en_IT.UTF-8",
          LC_MEASUREMENT = "en_IT.UTF-8",
          LC_IDENTIFICATION = "en_IT.UTF-8",
          LC_NUMERIC = "en_IT.UTF-8",
          LC_PAPER = "en_IT.UTF-8",
          LANG = "en_IT.UTF-8"
  locale: Cannot set LC_CTYPE to default locale: No such file or directory
  locale: Cannot set LC_MESSAGES to default locale: No such file or directory
  locale: Cannot set LC_ALL to default locale: No such file or directory

  As you can see, the locale is recognized improperly as "en_IT" instead of
"it_IT".
  I would expect no such mangling.

  Package: apt 1.0.1ubuntu2.6
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.13.0-44.73-lowlatency 3.13.11-ckt12
  Uname: Linux 3.13.0-44-lowlatency x86_64
  ApportVersion: 2.14.1-0ubuntu3.6
  Architecture: amd64
  Date: Wed Jan 14 08:46:47 2015
  InstallationMedia: Kubuntu 14.04.1 LTS "Trusty Tahr" - Release amd64
(20140722.2)
  SourcePackage: apt