   rsyslog stops working after logrotate until restarted

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to rsyslog in Ubuntu.

  rsyslogd was HUPed

Status in rsyslog package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in rsyslog package in Debian:

  hello,

  I have 6 different machines (desktop, laptop, VM) on which Ubuntu 10.04 as
been installed.
  on every machines, after a couple of days the system was installed, when i
check my syslog file, the logs are not  displayed, here's an example:

  j-l@C3P0:~$ tail -50 /var/log/syslog
  Feb  7 00:23:01 C3P0 rsyslogd: [origin software="rsyslogd" swVersion="4.2.0"
x-pid="906" x-info="http://www.rsyslog.com";] rsyslogd was HUPed, type
'lightweight'

  seems this problem has occured a long time ago, but still remains ...
  thank you in advance for your help,