If you are getting position with WiFi, that sounds like you are getting
the WiFi based location from the HERE service. This position can be
fairly accurate, but is not GPS, it will also work without connecting to
a WiFi point, just as long as WiFi is enabled and it can see a list of
surrounding access points.

GPS is working for me again after the last update (on Nexus 4 though).
Bear in mind that it will likely take around 12-20 mins to get a fix
(the first time), and by the sounds of it the phone must not sleep in
that time.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to indicator-location in

  GPS not working on my BQ Ubuntu Touch

Status in indicator-location package in Ubuntu:

  Hi. I tried to use GPS (HERE maps, Google Maps) on my Ubuntu Touch
  from BQ (I am on  update 20), but the app dont detect my location. I
  have to mention that I check Here terms & Condition and GPS and
  location are checked.

  I attached some screenshot from what I did.