Public bug reported:

I've created privileged lxc container on ubuntu 15.04 x86_64 (sudo lxc-
create...) added their ethernet interface connected to dsl modem - so
far so good: pppoe-discovery from inside the container recognoze it,
pppoeconf is able to configure it.

The problem is that the container network fails to start automatically
during the boot due to missing /dev/ppp device.

I've added following line to the container config:
lxc.cgroup.devices.allow = c 108:0 rwm

On the host device is available:
ls -alh /dev/ppp
crw------- 1 root root 108, 0 Jul 13 17:37 /dev/ppp

But inside the container there's nothing. Even more curious - if I manually
call mknod from withing the container than dsl connection is established just
fine:
sudo lxc-attach -n mycontainer -- mknod /dev/ppp c 108 0

** Affects: lxc (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to lxc in Ubuntu.

  pppoe fails inside container

Status in lxc package in Ubuntu: