As I suspected, this appears to be a bug in notify-osd, which briefly steals
focus for synchronous notifications: bug #694224.
I’m not convinced we should work around the issue in the browser app (it
affects every single app that reacts to focus changes). Rather, it should be
fixed in notify-osd.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to webbrowser-app in Ubuntu.

  adjusting volume (notify osd) causes fullscreen mode to exit when
  watching video

Status in webbrowser-app package in Ubuntu:
  In Progress

Bug description:
  running webbrowser trunk on desktop
  1) play youtube video in browser and press the fullscreen button
  2) adjust the computer volume using keyboard, this causes notify osd to be
displayed

  expected results:
  video keeps playing in fullscreen mode

  actual results:
  video exits fullscreen mode and keeps playing