I've attached a branch that does, I think, fix this as a single bug. It
changes one line of code, plus three three lines of unit tests.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to libusermetrics in Ubuntu.

  [Greeter] Lock screen whines that "No data sources available" on first
  use

Status in Ubuntu UX:
  Won't Fix
Status in libusermetrics package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in unity8 package in Ubuntu:
  Won't Fix

Bug description:
  Ubuntu 14.04 r188, Ubuntu 14.10 r203

  1. Flash the phone.
  2. Lock the phone.
  3. Wake up the phone.

  What you see: "No data sources available"

  What you should see: Something less miserable.

  As someone who's just started using the phone, I probably have no idea
  that the lock screen tries to show me statistics of my usage or
  whatever. And even if I do know, I probably don't care. Why, then, is
  the phone complaining to me about its failure? What am I supposed to
  do about it?

  A simple solution would be to show no text at all in this situation.

  This is not a duplicate of bug 1339002, because stats on the welcome
  screen are on by default. However, fixing that bug might fix this bug
  too.

  - Design comment -
    05/08/2015

  It can't be fixed as a single bug. The desired resolution and specs
  will be updated as soon as they are available.
  https://canonical.leankit.com/Boards/View/109386535/113890502