Mnyb;456721 Wrote:
> I see a "Tiny" problem source here.
>
> A wireless Touch as a server, streaming to other wireless
> squeezeboxes.
>
> This is the famous "not recommended double wireless hops" rigth in the
> box.

Good observation.  I'm one of the "no multiple wireless hops"
crusaders, perhaps even its poster boy.  :-)  Yes, it's not ideal.

But during the beta testing I've been running SC 7.4 on a wireless
notebook, serving files from my SC 7.3.3 server which is wired to my
wireless router.  That's three hops to a wireless player!  It works just
fine, I've never had a problem with rebuffering, and I'm using an old
802.11g router separated one floor from the notebook with many competing
networks around.

So it *can* work.  It's just not something you should do, and it's the
first thing to address when you get problems, because once you get
problems there's not much you can do to fix them.

--
Mark Lanctot

Current: SB2, Transporter, Boom (PQP3 - late beta, PQP1 - early beta),
SBC (early beta), Squeezebox Radio (PB1 - early beta), Squeezebox Touch
(late beta)
Sold: SB3, Duet