Kevin Haskins;493573 Wrote:
> Sure.. I'm just pointing out that if you cannot hear a difference, then
> it doesn't matter.    You don't get brownie points for making something
> less inaudible.
>
> I think the Touch used as a server and outputting via SPDIF directly
> into a DSP or a DAC is the cat's meow.    I see no reason why you need
> to spend more for that task.

well,
depends that which are the quality of the speakers utilized, the
environment and which is the ability to hear differences. :-)) For most
people is enough quality mp3 that does not mean it's the best, the
difference between an mp3 and a wav file I think it's recognizable by
equipment of average quality.
Certainly if there is some component that prevents the plant to hear
these differences is pointless to change the DAC
I will experiment with the internal DAC of the Touch but I think i will
use the coax output to connect an external DAC like the Musical Fidelity
VDAC that promises good performance at relatively low cost ....

--
perito industriale