I think some of the third party developers did some experimentation with
youtube and also with video on SD-card and mplayer early during the
beta. I didn't try it myself but as I understod it worked fairly good
with low resolution movies. As I remember there was some problem getting
it to work correctly together with Squeezeplay (the firmware on the
Touch), so that's probably one reason why there isn't any official
solution for it yet.

I think there is a possibility in the future but I'm pretty sure it
won't be possible in the initial release.

--
erland

Erland Isaksson
'My homepage' (http://erland.isaksson.info) (Install my plugins through
Extension Downloader)
Custom Scan,  Custom Skip, Multi Library, Title Switcher and Database
Query plugins'
(http://wiki.erland.isaksson.info/index.php/Category:SlimServer))