ricky;494219 Wrote:
> Hello,
> Did you found answer to your question? I am also looking at putting
> together a new system to stream 24/96 FLAC from my PC wirelessly onto my
> Audio Amp and SB Touch+magic Dac sounds interesting in the budget range
> I target...but I could not find information on the improvement from the
> External DAc versus just hooking the amplifier to the SB Touch internal
> DAC.
> From my understanding using the SB touch as WIFI receiver to receive
> perfect bit stream from 24/96 FLAC played on PC + passthrough the
> digital out (Toslink?) to an external DAC such as Magic dac seems a good
> solution...but I am still looking for confirmation.
> In addition the fuzzy point for me is quality difference between using
> the internal DAC versus an external one like dacmagic?
>
> Eric

I use the DAC magic with my SB3 and there it definitely has added
value. Much better channel separation and placement but since the DAC of
the touch has improved I still wonder if the DAC magic will have enough
added value.

I can tell you the answer when I have the SB Touch but that won't be
until April is the release has been postponed as was announced today by
Logitech :-(

--
SilverRS8

Author of -'AlbumCatalogCreator' (http://acc.vanholt.nl)- for
SqueezeCenter '_' (http://www.badkamerpech.nl) SlimServer.
2xSB3, 1xDuet, 1xiPhone iPeng, Ubuntu NAS + SC, Denon PMA-1500AE +
DacMagic + Monitor Audio Silver RS8 = :-)