gaving;499770 Wrote:
> Hi All I need some help. I am considering a purchase of a SB touch and
> SB reciever. the reason is i need music from my wifi or cable network to
> play in two rooms at the same time. is this possible? the volume control
> and all the amplifiers and stuff i can sort out its not clear on the
> logitech site if this is possible, also can this be controlled by a
> iphone app? or will main control come from the touch. I am not even sure
> if i have got the right combination of products to make this happen any
> help would be great

Yes, it's possible.  Setting up an SBReceiver without a controller (ie,
the SBController that comes with the Duet package) is officially
unsupported, but doable.  Search the forum for 'UDAP' and you'll find
it.

You can control both units with a touch... or with an iPhone... or with
the web interface (assuming you are using a PC for a server and not the
touch itself).

You may or may not have the right units for your needs... Hard to say.
The Radio and Boom are also very nice products, so if you need/want
integrated speakers those work well in many situations.

The product line is very much 'mix and match'... the only gotcha I can
think of is the SBR's need (officially) to have an SBC to configure it,
but you can get around that.

--
snarlydwarf