usch;506933 Wrote:
> Urgh. Besides the price, none of the players seems to have a display. So
> if I want to see what's playing I'll have to carry the remote around all
> the time, or buy an extra remote for every room at $500 each? No thanks.

I was thinking about this too.  I am purchasing a second-hand Nokia
N800 touch-screen wifi internet tablet on ebay for about $80.  This will
be the remote for my SB3 Classic and it can stand up by itself to
display info.  You could get two for less than $200. The N800s have
larger screens than the Controller and the SB-Server has a web interface
built just for them.

I think the real advantage to the Touch is the seamless implementation
for consumers.  It looks to be a terrific system.  As a tech-savvy user,
I enjoy less expensive and satisfying solutions like the N800.

--
mark-e-mark