snarlydwarf;512986 Wrote:
> The Touch will stream seperate music to each, the only catch is that it
> won't transcode.  (Again, this is also common on NAS's and extra small
> PC's... decoding and recoding a stream in real time can get pretty
> demanding.)

I suppose I would have known that if I had read the basic features
list, huh?  I'll try to turn my brain on before posting next time.

The non-transcoding shouldn't be an issue, as I plan on using FLAC
exclusively.

If the Maemo thing develops, I could probably pick up a couple of N800s
(hopefully they have better battery life than the N770), rather than
trying to send something to a digital picture frame.

--
crazyj