Phil Leigh;518778 Wrote:
> It is my understanding that the DSD licensing agreement prevents any
> manufacturer from shipping a device that (out of the box, without
> illicit hardware modification) can convert DSD to UNENCRYPTED PCM
> greater than 44.1/24.
>
> HDMI, Denonlink etc are encrypted.
>
> This was one of the means by which Sony hoped to reduce piracy of SACD.

Like this:

https://www.dvdupgrades.ch/digital_audio.html

specs:

Features:

o 6-channel electrical S/P-DIF output PCM 16-24 Bits
44.1/48/88.2/96/176.4/192 kHz
o Can also be used in stereo mode only
o Standard output is S/P-DIF coaxial three times stereo
o Toslink (optical) outputs available
o AES/EBU available with three cables with XLR male
connectors
o SACD: DSD 1 Bit 2.8224 MHz switchable conversion to PCM 24
Bits 88.2 kHz or 176.4 kHz
o output format switchable professional or consumer
o decoded DTS and AC3 signal from your DVD-Video -> no more
surround decoder necessary

--
Mnyb

Main hifi: SB3 (soon to replaced by a Touch :) It is on preorder)
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: Receiver (soon to be replaced by my SB3 and the SBR to be
stuffed in a box in the attic )
I use a Controller various ir-remotes and a Eee-PC with squeezeplay to
control this