results, please visit http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=76494
Question: March Madness Pool: When do you believe the Touch will be
released?

- April 15-30 2010
- May 1-15 2010
- May 16-31 2010
- Summer of 2010
- Fall of 2010
- Right before Christmas 2010

foxx;527989 Wrote:
> Well, it better does what they say it should be doing. Fulfilling the
> server function together wit a USB drive is the key issue on this
> device.
>
> If it was for me it could be double as pricy and three times as big if
> only it incorporated a proper server which you can operate without
> having to have a NAS, TV or PC running.

If one can't wait, buy a SheevaPlug.

TinySBS has been working in Beta for months with a steady building of
improvement. I have been using it for over 6 months in a mobile
application. But since this is a mass market product, it needs to be
polished and as bug free as possible. And from using it over the
months, it has become more friendly, more usable, better laid out, and
more user intuitive.

I think anybody looking to not use a PC or NAS what has a music
collection smaller then 2TB will easily be able to plug a 2TB USB drive
into Touch and be fairly happy. One note is that if one loves the WebUI,
I feel Touch might not be for you. But now that I have iPeng, I really
only use the WebUI for building large playlists.

--
iPhone

*iPhone*
Media Room:
Transporter, VTL TL-6.5 Signature Pre-Amp, Ayre MX-R Mono's, VeraStarr
6.4SE 6-channel Amp, Vandersteen Speakers: Quatro Mains, VCC-5
Reference Center, four VSM-1 Signatures, Video: Runco RS 900 CineWide
AutoScope 2.35:1

Living Room:

Kitchen: Squeezebox BOOM
Bedroom: Second Boom